Seems that the Ohio University car-knife attack is a copy cat from the “knife intifada” the Palestinensiens conduct on Israel.. as a side note, Ohio does not allow campus-concealed carry and the only person effectively able to fight back was the luckily on-site police officer.
The good news is then it seems that the average joe has actually not the means to get a firearm illegally… and that firearms in the hands of good people solve such problem ..
But also it shows that terrorism can not be stopped and people will find ways to inflict injury and death..
Go and learn a skill and get legal with it. Instructors are found here..
Just a thought for all that you read about the Turkish revolution right now.. the democratic ballot box has placed a dictator like person in charge of a secular oriented country. Sadly this event can and should not be changed by other means, regardless of how bad it goes. But here’s some thought about what really went down..
Search for who benefits from the action and you have only two solutions to this debacle:
- Some dilettantes were way over their skill level (and that seems strange given that highest echelon military people do have recent experience how to stage a coup successfully..)
- Some very skilled player ran out of legal options to destruct a secular democracy and needed a reason.. (a way more interesting and – looking at the future results – realistic solution).
Turkey is for quite a while already a visible example how an electorate can vote in people who then actively destroy and defunct the functioning elements of the democratic state, creating a religiously-leaning state structure. Watch the news for who will be jailed, where will political opposition groups end and what further political leanings will Turkey take (hint: they already seem to try and disable the ISIS bombing runs from the local US – bases).
To quote a retired US general William Fallon:
a tremendous dilemma for the [Obama] administration because here we go again with another country that has an elected president being tossed out by the military, no matter that he has become increasingly autocratic and problematic.
The French have suffered another horrific attack. 77 people dead, up to 100 injured. More might follow once details are known, but I am not posting pictures. You probably will find these anywhere on the net. But I would like to point out some details:
- The attack was conducted using a low velocity, high weight “bullet” – a truck (unarmored!)
- Nobody can do anything against a truck other than run out of the way.
- But there are cases where truck-attacks were stopped by a high velocity, low weight “bullet”.. for example here. Or in Israel, where citizen carry stopped the attack of a bulldozer on a bus.. or similarly here.
- Crowded places with little escape routes are preferred targets..
- Creativity and simplicity are a hallmark of these attacks.
Please, if you have to go into crowded places, be aware of your surroundings.
84 people died. My condolences to all affected.