The French have suffered another horrific attack. 77 people dead, up to 100 injured. More might follow once details are known, but I am not posting pictures. You probably will find these anywhere on the net. But I would like to point out some details:
- The attack was conducted using a low velocity, high weight “bullet” – a truck (unarmored!)
- Nobody can do anything against a truck other than run out of the way.
- But there are cases where truck-attacks were stopped by a high velocity, low weight “bullet”.. for example here. Or in Israel, where citizen carry stopped the attack of a bulldozer on a bus.. or similarly here.
- Crowded places with little escape routes are preferred targets..
- Creativity and simplicity are a hallmark of these attacks.
Please, if you have to go into crowded places, be aware of your surroundings.
84 people died. My condolences to all affected.